Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homemade Mac n Cheese!

So, as some of you may know, I have recently fallen in love with discovered Pinterest (you can follow me here!).  Since this discovery, much of my time has been spent browsing the different topics.  Well I was perusing the food and drink section one day and came across some recipes for homemade mac n cheese.  Mac n cheese is definitely a classic and most certainly a favorite of John and myself.  You know, the kind with gooey, stringy REAL cheese, and crunch bread crumbs baked to perfection?!  Yeah,...that one.  So, I looked at the recipes.  It's really not so hard!  When I got home we promptly wrote it up on our weekly menu board to have that Friday.  Since it was my first "big" Pinterest attempt, I wanted to document it!  Here we go!!

Step 1: Grate the cheese.  We used colby/jack, mild cheddar, and mozzarella.  You can really use whatever you want, but these were our favorites.  John got the fun task of grating the cheese :)  This is probably the hardest/most time consuming part.  We grated about half of each 1 lb. block.

Step 2:  While he was grating cheese, I took a whole jar of garlic alfredo sauce and poured it into a small pot and set it on simmer.  At the same time, I put the water on to boil for the pasta.

Step 3: While the pasta was boiling, I began to stir in the cheese into the alfredo sauce.  Adding a little at a time while stirring.  Once I got all the cheese in, it was perfect timing for the pasta to be done!  
Step 4: We poured the pasta and the cheese sauce into the casserole dish, mixed it all up, and topped it off with some bread crumbs.  We popped it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  


It turned out so yummy, that I didn't even have time to take pictures before we started devouring it!  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment