Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First Post

So I’ve been reading a lot of other people’s blogs lately, and it sparked an interest in me to start one of my own.  After much time debating on what to put up as my first post (why is the first one the most difficult?), here I am.  I figured a little introduction would be a good way to start things off.  This blog is just to keep others updated on the life of us Barkers.  I’m sure the topics will vary greatly, but hopefully they will be mostly interesting :-) .

First things first…a little about us for those that don’t know.  My name is Melissa, and I currently work as a Business Analyst and I’m also a Mary Kay consultant.  I went to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo where I got my degree in Computer Science with a Math Minor.  Cal Poly was also where I began playing Ultimate Frisbee.  I played on the Cal Poly Women’s Ultimate team for a while until I graduated.  Things I enjoy: Ultimate, snowboarding, country music, line dancing, most outdoorsy stuff, shopping (yes, I’m girly), hanging out with friends, family, and my puppies :-) .
Me with Lexi



My husband (almost 10 months as of this post!) is John.  He currently works as a design engineer in the aerospace industry.  He attended Purdue University in Indiana (where he’s from) and got his degree in Aerospace Engineering – smarty pants ;-) .   Things he enjoys: Baseball, football, golf, ok…just about any sport, techy stuff, outdoorsy stuff, snowboarding, and also hanging out with family, friends, and the puppies!
John with Paddington (Paddy)

We met while John was out in CA with an internship in 2007.  His roommate drug him out to a pickup game of Ultimate that I played in and the rest is history!.  We were married in November of 2010 and are quickly coming up on our 1 year anniversary (eeek! Where did the time go?!  Gift ideas anyone??)  We live our happy basic life with our two puppies. 

So I hope you enjoy my little blog about Our Barker Bunch, check back for more updates, I'll do my best to keep it up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment