Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Jewelry Shelf



So this project has been sitting on the kitchen counter for about 3 weeks.  And now it has been hanging on my wall for about 2 weeks and I love it.  It’s so simple and clean and gets rid of clutter!  I love how great it matches with my earring holder and I love that the colors were totally customizable.  I opted to stick to mostly white just because I like that light airy feeling it has.  But I added a little sum’n sum’n with the gray knobs.  Looking back, I probably should have gone with a longer shelf, but I suppose I can always change it out later, or just move things around and add a second one!

Ok, so the process was super simple. I went to Home Depot and bought a plain white shelf that came with the supports.  I got the all in one package instead of choosing the shelf separate from the supports. 

Then, I used a piece of scrap wood that I had left over from our closet makeover a while back.  The hubs cut it down to size for me so that it fit in between the two supports at a 90 degree angle from the shelf.  This is where we screwed the knobs in.  After I spray painted the knobs, and we screwed them in, it was ready for installation! 


I had the hubby hang it just below my earring holder with enough space for my large chunky bracelets to sit on the shelf.  I love the way it looks and how little space it takes up.  And now all of my jewelry is so accessible, so I have no excuse not accessorize!  I’m excited to make another one so that I have a spot to put all of my “stud” earrings and more delicate necklaces.  


No comments:

Post a Comment