Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baby Barker Is A....



We are finally able to tell everyone that we are expecting a baby boy!  I'm so excited!  I had a "mommy instinct" if you will from the beginning that we were going to have a boy, so I'm glad to know that I was right!    The hubs and I were able to tell my parents a few weeks ago.  I made a fun cake that I will post pictures of later that was blue inside.  

Over Thanksgiving we flew out to Indiana to visit my in-laws.  I had pre-ordered some cupcakes from a local bakery there and had them put blue icing in the center of the cupcake.  The whole family was very anxious to get into those cupcakes!  When we finally allowed them to, everyone was so excited.  It was a really fun time.  I took some videos of my in-laws finding out the news, so I will be sure to post them later as well.  

Now, I can really begin to plan!  We have decided to do an airplane and map theme for his room.  I'm loving the vintage style airplanes and old world maps for this little guy!  I'm so excited to start decorating his room.  I believe picking a paint color is in order this weekend!  

I will be taking a 23 week picture tonight, so I will be getting that post up ASAP.  I've been slacking on the weekly updates with all the holiday hoopla starting.  So, more to come!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and sweet way to find out the sex of our grandson-to-be! Melissa and John, you will be wonderful parents. Can't wait to meet the little one in March! Love you both so much! Thanks for coming all the way out here for Thanksgiving. You are both one of my greatest blessing!

    ReplyDelete