Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halfway there! 20 Weeks

I know this post is kind of late seeing as how I am going to be 21 weeks tomorrow, but better late than never.  Just a few quick updates.  We had our 20 week ultrasound at my 19 weeks and 6 days mark.  Yes, we did find out the gender of our little bean, but that will be revealed in a later post.  As far as the bean goes, everything is looking and measuring perfect!  We were able to see the face (profile and straight on), legs, arms, spine, heart...it was so amazing.  This was the first time seeing our little one actually looking like a human.  The last picture we got, our bean was still bean size!  We were able to watch the bean on the ultrasound screen for a good 45 minutes.  It was a very cool moment that made this whole journey so much more real.

I am continuing to feel lots of movement.  John can feel the kicks much more consistently now.  The bean is most active after I have eaten and right before bed when I'm sitting still.  It makes me smile every time.  Other than that,  not much has changed.

I am definitely showing now and t-shirts are starting to get tight.  I am wearing a mix of maternity pants and regular pants with the belly band.  As well as a mix of maternity shirts and non-maternity shirts that are slightly stretchy and long. I have gained a total of 6 pounds.

The hubs and I will be revealing the gender to his family next week when we travel out there for Thanksgiving.  We were able to tell my parents this past weekend.  I made a cake that was colored on the inside for them to cut into after dinner.  After his family gets the big news, I will be putting up another post with the gender, and the details of how we revealed it to both families :)

In the mean time...here is the best profile shot we got of our little bean (personally I think that's a smile on that sweet little face)!  Take your guesses now and see if you're right next week!

Our Bean at 19 weeks 6 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment