Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!



I know the Thanksgiving holiday has already come and gone, but I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there anyways.  I hope your holiday was as wonderful as ours!

John's cousin Alex came up from LA to spend the holiday with us.  His family lives back east and he wasn't going to be able to make it back home for both the Thanksgiving holiday and for Christmas.  So we were lucky enough to be able to have him with us for Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving day was great.  I woke up early and baked my first dessert: Cinnamon Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie.   Sounds yummy right?  Trust me, it was! It looked pretty much like this (minus the pretty edges on the crust):

Pinned Image
Pinned here

While it was baking I had some time to sit down on the couch under the lamp, in my super comfy robe, with my coffee and both puppies snuggled up next to me and begin reading my Harry Potter book that the hubs got me for our Anniversary.  It was such a picture perfect moment, it's too bad I didn't have anyone else awake to take the photo!  Then the boys finally woke up and we all got ready and headed to my parents house.  

When we got there I made my second dessert which was a Cream Cheese Pound Cake which also turned out very yummy.  Then we all headed over to some friends house where we had our amazing Thanksgiving feast.

Things I'm thankful for this year:
Family
Friends
Health
Jobs for the hubs and myself
Our puppies

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog-very well written. I can see you snuggling on the couch with the puppies!

    ReplyDelete