Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recipe: Creamy Avocado Pasta



Hello there!  I know I have been completely slacking when it comes to updating the blog.  But, alas, I am back and I have a new recipe for you that I found on pinterest.  Hubby and I tried it last weekend and it was amazing!  Definitely is going on our list of "recipes to remember".  I'm trying to be better about trying new things, and not just pinning them!

So, first off, the things I love about this recipe:
It is super simple, only like 5 ingredients for the sauce
It uses avocado which I LOVE
The whole dish only takes 15 minutes to make!

Things I don't love...
I can't have it every night because the hubby likes variety in his meals.  :-)

Ok, so here we go.  This recipe originally comes from Oh She Glows.  So feel free to check out her blog if you want as well.



Serves: 2

Ingredients

  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
  • ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
  • 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used Barilla Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Chicken cut in small pieces (optional)
We added chicken to our recipe to get some protein.  

First you can cut up the chicken and put the water on to boil for the pasta since this will take the longest.

Then mix the oil, garlic, lemon juice, avocado, basil (optional) and salt in a food processor.  Mix until creamy


Once the pasta is done and the chicken is cooked all the way through, mix it all up in a bowl!  You can garnish with lemon zest and pepper if you like.  We didn't have real lemons...hence no lemon zest.  But it still tasted pretty darn yummy to me!  

Simple and delicious!  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment