Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

15 Weeks

I am now officially 15 weeks and 1 day.  One more week till I hit 4 months!  It's so crazy and exciting and surreal all at the same time.  It's one thing to think about being pregnant, and growing the belly.  It's something totally different (at least to me) to imagine the little life that you're growing, and what it will be like when it finally comes into the world and changes our lives (for the better) forever.  I have so much fun day dreaming about it.  What it'll be like to bring our little bean home for the first time, introducing the bean to the puppies (our original babies), seeing the hubby turn into a huge pile of teddy bear mush when he holds his little bean for the first time :) .  It is all so exciting for me to think about.

But, enough of the sentimental stuff.  On to the stats!  Here is the bump picture for 15 weeks...I was actually good this time and took the picture ON the 15 week mark day!


You'll have to excuse the outfit, we had just taken the dogs to the park and I didn't feel like changing for a 3rd time :)

I'm still wearing all of my normal clothes, although as you can see, with more form fitting shirts, you are starting to see something there.  But, personally I still think most of the time it looks like I need to lay off the donuts.  I think I have one (maybe two?) pairs of pants that still button.  But I'm definitely wearing the belly bands almost every day.  I haven't graduated to maternity pants yet but I likely will by Thanksgiving.

As far as food goes, I'm back to eating normal food.  I'm not solely surviving on carbs anymore which is good.  However, I have found that my appetite seems to have shrunk significantly.  This past week I have had several occasions where I either eat too fast, or too much (still haven't figured out the real culprit here), and then none of what I just ate stays down.  Literally, I get sick either within 2 minutes of finishing eating, or right in the middle of my meal.  So, that has been kind of a bummer.  I guess the plus side is that I never feel sick or nauseous.  It just kind of happens all of the sudden.  So, I either need to eat slower, or learn where that point of no return is!

The stuffiness and sneezing still continues.  But, after all of the recommendations, I finally bought myself a humidifier.  I set it up and used it last night, and whaddya know.....I slept through the night!!  Well, minus having to get up to pee, but that's a given, and not likely to get any better any time soon.  But the humidifier seemed to do it's job.  Needless to say I will be putting it to the test every night now.

Some stats about the bean...
*About 3.5 to 4 inches from head to rump
*About 2.5 ounces
*About the size of an apple or navel orange
Courtesy of thebump.com
*The hairline is starting to form and the hair on the bean's head is starting grow
*All of the joints on the arms and legs are functioning, and the bean may even be starting to suck a thumb!
*Even though the eyes are fused shut for several more weeks, the bean is sensitive to light and would likely wriggle away if we shined a light on my belly.  

I think that's about all for now.  Other than steadily growing a belly, not much is changing.  I do have a couple of baby related projects in the works for my other friends that are also expecting (I know 6 other gals due between January and May!!)  So once I actually give those to their owners, I will be posting the tutorials on what I made.  But for now, it remains a secret so that the mommies to be will be surprised!!  I also plan to do some posts on what kind of gear we're looking to register for, as well as cloth diapering, because I fully intend to cloth diaper :)  (Hubby thinks I'm slightly nuts, but he's still supportive of saving the money!)  

Thanks for reading, and have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment