Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

16 Week Checkup

This should be a short post (especially in comparison to my last few!).  But I just had my 16 week check up on Monday and wanted to share how it went.  The hubs was unfortunately out of town on work travel so he was not able to come with me.  But, I am so thankful that my mom was able to take some time and be my moral support.

I'm was actually 15.5 weeks at this appointment, but since we are leaving on Babymoon Part 2 before I technically hit 16 weeks, we decided to have the appointment a little early.  That way we could get the bean checked out before we jet set :)

The appointment was short and sweet.  The usual: Get weighed, pee in a cup, blood pressure and all that jazz.  I also got a flu shot this time, since that season is just around the corner.  According to the Dr's scale, I have not gained any weight since my first appointment which was at 6.5 weeks.  Dr. said that was totally fine, and to just keep doing what I'm doing, as long as I'm not losing weight.

And then came the fun part...getting to hear the Bean's heartbeat.  It was a lovely steady 155 beats per minute which is just normal :)  I get a huge smile on my face every time I hear that little thump thump thump through the Doppler   I'm so glad my mom was able to experience it with me as well.  And thanks to her, you all can hear it now too :)  She took a little video on her phone and if you turn your sound up, you can hear our little bean's heart!  Thanks mom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment