Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

27 Weeks

Tomorrow I will be 27 weeks pregnant with our Baby Boy.  And considering it's been about a month since I posted an updated belly picture...this post is way past due!  We took this picture on Christmas night in front of our own little tree.  I'm being told more and more now how much I'm growing.  And am starting to get comments from strangers, meaning I guess it's pretty obvious now that it's a preggo belly and not a Holiday food belly :)


And now for the stats:


How far along? 27 weeks.
Baby size? 14.5 inches long and weighs about 2 pounds
What's going on with the baby? Baby boy is super active!  Many people have been able to feel him move, and my stomach definitely shows movement (which is kinda weird but very cool).  He looks like a thinner, more wrinkled version of what he will look like at birth and will begin filling out with baby fat for the next 13 weeks.  His immune system is maturing and his lungs are getting more and more practice for his first gulp of air.
Total weight gain/loss: At my 24 week appointment I had gained a total of 12-ish pounds from the beginning of the pregnancy. (They didn't tell me specifically, but I think it was something like that)
Maternity clothes? I'm mostly wearing all maternity clothes now.  I have very few "normal" shirts that are long enough now.  And even sweatshirts/t-shirts are getting tight.  I don't think any of my coats will button/close anymore :)
Stretch marks? None yet. I'm use Palmer's Cocoa butter massage cream for stretch marks after showers.
Sleep: I wake up a lot during the night (every time I turn over).  I'm having to go to the bathroom more often.  And I wake up with pain in my right hip most nights.
Best moment this week: Having other people be able to see and feel his movements, and celebrating Christmas with the Bean!
Awkward moment this week: Having a random guy ask me if I was going snowboarding with a baby...and then asking if that was even legal (I was just picking up hubby's board from the ski check!)
Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach, Diet Dr. Pepper, and sushi from Mikuni
Movement: He is super active now.  I feel movement pretty much through out the day.  The movements are getting stronger, and we can see little body parts as he shifts positions.
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Chicken is still a little iffy, but I was able to eat some over the holidays with no problems.
Have you started to show yet? Definitely! 
Gender prediction: Boy!
Labor signs: Nope. 
Belly button in or out? In for now.  Although I can see a change coming sadly.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy. At least I think so... Maybe a little emotional at times.
Looking forward to: Making more progress on the nursery and starting the New Year countdown to baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment