Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Barker Grooming Salon

In an effort to save money, I decided that I would try my hand at grooming our littlest dog's hair.  He's the kind that doesn't shed, but requires a haircut every month or so.  Otherwise, he'll look like a mop on legs.  So while at Wally World a week or so ago, I picked up one of those dog grooming kits.  It comes with clippers, different length combs, scissors, and a mirror (because the dog really cares what he looks like afterward...)  Here is the kit that I bought


I think it was around $50 which seems like a lot, but when you stop to think that I was paying $35 each month for someone else to do it, it makes sense.  So, Wednesday night, I decided to go for it.  I sat down in the middle of the kitchen floor and just kinda went to town on poor Paddy.  He was not a huge fan of the clippers.  Or the scissors for that matter.  But I think he turned out pretty good for a first try!  The hardest part was by far his face.  I had to use only scissors for that.  He was quite the trooper through the whole ordeal.  He stayed fairly patient with Mommy while I figured out what I was doing along the way :)

And without further ado...the before and after pictures.  And the piles of hair that was left on the floor/garbage can.  We washed and dried him after the hair cut.

The Before Picture

Shagtastic!

Half the hair...

The other half :)

And the final product!  Still a little wet from the bath :)

So that was my adventure with dog grooming.  Hopefully it gets easier/faster.  Leave comments below if you have any questions or suggestions for next time! 

2 comments: