First off would be the master bedroom closet. Now, don't get me wrong...I love our house, it's a great first house. But, the closet is definitely not big enough for the two of us! Granted, I'm sure I need to thin out some of the articles of clothing/shoes that currently reside in our closet, but even so...we have a separate dresser, wardrobe, guest room dresser(s), and guest CLOSET that house the rest of our stuff. I know, I know...we have way too much stuff, and that is going to be the first part of the project.
I will post some before pictures soon so you can see what I'm dealing with. But basically what I would like to do in a nutshell:
- Take out the existing rods and shelves that go all the way around
- Replace on the back wall with two levels of wire racks/shelves
- Replace on the right wall with 1 tall level of wire racks/shelves (for long dresses, etc)
- Replace on the left wall with all shelves all the way up (for shoes, hats, belts, etc)
- And finally add a curtain rod and super cute curtain as a door (we had a door that opened inward which blocked off nearly half the closet's usable space, so we took it off, and now its just wide open)
This is my inspiration :)
Other projects I have on my dream/to-do list (in no particular order!):
- Refinish bathroom cabinets in master and guest baths
- Refinish jewelry chest
- Replace mirror in master and guest baths
- Add curtain doors into master bath
- Add shelves/organize laundry room
- etc, etc, etc...