Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

What a great holiday weekend!  I hope everyone had some time to relax and do whatever it is that you enjoy doing on your days off :)  We did quite a few things this weekend starting on Friday.  My sister and her husband came up from LA to visit over the last week.  Unfortunately with work and what not, I wasn't able to spend as much time with them as I had hoped.  But the time I did get to spend with them was awesome :)

On Friday the six of us (John, myself, my sister, her husband, and my parents) all drove up to Lake Tahoe for lunch.  We went to this great little place called Lake Tahoe's West Shore Cafe and Inn.  It is RIGHT on the water.  Literally, you can pull up your boat to the dock and go get a table.  Such beautiful scenery.  Again, my little point and shoot camera does not do it justice, but you get the idea.  Apparently its a popular little joint, because even getting there at around 2pm, we still had an hour wait for lunch.  So we got some appetizers and just enjoyed the surroundings and company for a while.  The food was so-so, but the atmosphere and just overall experience was great!  We stopped by an Emerald Bay scenic overlook on the way down the mountain for a few pictures, and then that evening, everyone came to our house for dinner/dessert (mmm...brownies).  All in all, perfect family time!

Saturday/Sunday I had an Ultimate tournament.  For anyone not familiar, you can read a little about Ultimate here.  I play with a local club team in my area.  It's a coed team and it's lots of fun.  This weekend our tournament was in San Francisco.  Now...I LOVE the city, but this turned out to be what seemed like an exceptionally cold/foggy/windy weekend considering it's still technically summer (or maybe I'm just a wimp?).  So while the temperatures were reaching 95 degrees at home, we were freezing our butts off in the mid-50's + wind + foggy weather.  Overall, we didn't do so hot as a team, but....meh.  It was still fun!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!
The progressive foggy-ness

No comments:

Post a Comment