It’s done, it’s done, it’s done!!! Ok, so it’s about 95% done, but still….SUCCESS! Last night my mom brought over the Sewers Aid. Let me tell you, that stuff works miracles!! At least as far as sewing goes J A drop of that magic stuff on the needle, and I was able to glide right through that sequin material with no problems! I was able to get all of the pieces sewn together. I sewed the seam on the arm, I sewed the hemline around the neck, and after my mom left, I sewed the bottom band of sequin material onto the bottom of the dress ALL BY MYSELF! *Picture a little kid beaming from ear to ear* I sewed the bottom on in two pieces, one in front, and one in back. I even got them lined up on the first try! Then I sewed the side seams, and now I have a complete dress!! Can you hear my excitement as you read this with my excessive use of exclamation points!! All I have left to do now is hem the bottom to the length I want, easy peasy.
I am so excited and relieved that it all worked out. And I’m really pleased with the way it looks. It’s got a bit of a retro feel to it with the large sequin sleeve. But I think it’s just the right amount of sparkle for New Years Eve. And double bonus…my shoes came yesterday as well! They match perfectly with the style of the dress J All in all, a very good and satisfying day. Here are some pictures I took of the last bit of progress:
|This is the dress inside out after I finished the neckline hem|
|The shiny part is what the material actually looks like|
|The whole dress - not hemmed obviously|
|The seams that I managed to line up!|
|And the perfect shoes to complete the look!|
I want to give a VERY special thanks to my most amazing Mom! This project would not have been completed without her and her willingness to spend so much time helping me out. Love you Mom!! And thank you to our friend Rachael for lending us her sewing machine as well!
I do see a lot more sewing in my future J