Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Monday - Ambitious Project!

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :-)  I had a fairly productive weekend.  Last week I decided that since A) I want to learn how to sew better, and B) the dress I was looking at buying for New Years Eve was $80 before tax and shipping...A+B = Sew my own dress for cheaper!  I know its super ambitious, but you gotta start somewhere right?  And what better motivation than my very own New Years party dress?!  So I found the pattern online that I wanted to make.  $6!!  Score!!

On Sunday I persuaded my mom to go to Joann's with me to get some fabric and whatever else I may need.  Since I'm such a novice, I knew I would need lots of help picking things out.  I decided to go with black as the body of the dress, with a sparkly silver sequin material as a band at the bottom, and as the sleeve.  So my dress with be *hopefully* similar to the black and white one in the photo, except with the sleeve length of the pink one.  Does that make sense?  It will once you see the finished product.  Well...at least I hope its recognizable as a dress!  We shall see.



Over the next couple of weeks, (since that's about all I have) I will be documenting my progress on this project on here.  So, check back for my trials and tribulations :-)

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This will be fun for me too. It has been a few years since I've done any sewing!

    ReplyDelete