Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!

For those that don’t know me, I grew up in a mixed religion household.  My mother is Jewish, and my father is Presbyterian.  So my sister and I grew up celebrating both sets of holidays: Christmas and Hanukkah, Easter and Passover.  I always considered myself very lucky to have known both. 

Last night was the first night of Hanukkah.  So I got out my menorah, lit the candles, and said the prayer while John watched.  



Then we exchanged presents.  We each had gifts for the other that we wanted to give before Christmas, so we used those as our Hanukkah gifts J  I gave John a really nice wool coat from Costco, and I received the 2nd Harry Potter book, Chamber of Secrets!!  So excited to start this during our travels!  I’m having to actively stop myself from starting to read the book at night before bed.  I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. 

Then I called my family (all down in Palm Springs) to wish them a Happy Hanukkah as well.   

I hope the holiday season is finding you all well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment