Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Cheap and Easy Upgrade

Happy Monday! Wait, is there such a thing?  Can Mondays be happy?  Not sure if I've experience that one yet!  But nonetheless, I have a cheap and easy upgrade to show you that I completed this weekend.

Remember the upcycled toilet paper roll wall art project that I showed you a while back?

Well it was looking a little sad up there on the big wall all by itself.


So last week I went to goodwill and picked up a nearly brand new oak frame for $3.99!  Score!  So I got some gray spray paint at WalMart and went to town.  I took off the backing of the frame, and removed the glass since I wouldn't need it anyways.  I gave the frame a couple of coats and let it dry over night.

Then for an extra special touch and a pop of color to match the wall art, I added some of these felt flowers from a previous craft night.  A couple dabs of hot glue later, and here is my new wall art!



Now it doesn't look so sad up there on the wall by itself.  It also matches really well with the new color theme I am in the middle of switching my house to.  Stayed tuned for a bedroom overhaul update! What have you all been up to?  Any upcycled or spray painted crafts?

And don't forget to follow me for a chance at the 50 Followers Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment