Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Resolutions

I know it seems a tad bit late to start making New Years resolutions, but in all fairness, I had these picked out before the new year, I just didn't have time to post them!  I wanted to post my resolutions because it seems like that will be a good way to hold me accountable.  You know that feeling of - Now that you've told someone, it's real and you have to keep your word - kinda thing.

I'm not sure what the difference is about this year, but there is something that really makes it feel like a fresh start.   Maybe it's the fact that I knew my resolutions before the new year started?  Maybe it's that I'm finally settling into married life and feel much more confident about where my life is going.  Who knows!  But I do know that I'm excited to get started on my resolutions and see my progress throughout the year.

So without further ado, and to start my accountability as soon as possible, here are my 2012:

1. Make better food choices - i.e. No more cinnamon toast for dinner when hubby is away.  I really want to start making more conscious food choices.  I want to teach my body that food is fuel not comfort or reward.

2. Exercise more often - So often in the past I've thought that if I'm not about ready to keel over at the end of my workout, then I didn't do enough.  Now I'm sure that's how one would get into model-esq shape, but that's not my goal.  I'm trying to learn that doing anything is good: taking the dogs on a walk, going for a short jog, biking, playing tennis.  My goal is to get out and do something more often.  Every little bit counts :-)

3. Drink more water - Kinda goes along with the health theme here.  Water is good for your body and metabolism, it cleanses, helps your skin, and helps curb appetite.

4. Take care of my skin - Along with more water which helps your skin, one of my resolutions is to make sure I wash my face morning and night.  Sometimes I get lazy (especially on the weekends) and don't take off my make up, or just use some astringent in the morning instead of washing my face.  My new goal is to take the couple extra minutes and let that amazing Mary Kay 3-in-1 cleanser do it's magic on my skin! (Shameless plug...)

5. Live simply - This is my final resolution for 2012.  Live simply.  And by that I mean getting rid of all the clutter we have in the house.  All of the things we keep but never use.  And also, organize!  When things are organized, everything runs smoothly.  Along with the "purging" of unnecessary items, is to stop purchasing unnecessary items!  There will always be things that we want.  But are they things we need?  Probably not.  So, part of this resolution goal is to make use of what we have and only purchase what we need.  I think my SIL put it best saying that living within a budget is actually really freeing.  Instead of pondering over whether or not you should buy that new purse, or new pair of shoes.  You don't even have to think about it because you know it's not in the budget and you don't need it.   

So those are my 5 2012 resolutions.  Hopefully writing them out and posting here for all to see will help me stick to them.  I'm really excited for what this year will bring.  I know it will be lots of new adventures!  What are some of your resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment